The second edition of the USA Collegiate Volleyball Showcase exceeded all the expectations. A total of 25 athletes from 6 different italian regions and 8 USA coaches all from different states and 3 different leagues, gave to the event a very international appeal. The event is the only one of its kind in Italy and the best opportunity for being evaluated to obtain an athletic scholarship.
All of the players who came to the event were graded as collegiate prospective student-athletes with the possibility of obtaining some sort of scholarship in the future (some where too young and just starting high school) and 50% of the athletes were directly contacted by one or more of the coaches on site.
The Showcase was guided by the always fantstic Pat Kendrick: Head Coach at Xavier University of Louisiana (NAIA) and former NCAA DI head coach at George Mason University for 30 seasons, eight-time CAA (Coonial Athletic Association) Coach of the Year and assisted by Pedro Jordan Yantin: Head Coach at Florida State College in Jacksonville (NJCAA) and named All-Panhandle Conference (NJCAA) Coach of the Year. Also a former volleyball player with the Puerto Rico National Team (2004-2008) and Universidad of Puerto Rico (NCAA DII 2009-2010).
US college coaches assisted all morning and afternoon practices and had time to relax by the pool, eat great food and play some ping pong and 2-on-2 basketball other than evaluate prospects and interact, within their own league rules, with players and staff.
All non-native English speakers (or those not attending high school in English) took a simulation of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) test directed by Byron Tree School of English and received written feedback of a tentative score and point needed to work on.
The fantastic location of Residenza di Rocca Romana and Trevignano Romano did their part by giving us great weather, food and relaxing freetime and the Palasport Alessandro Fagiani was a great setup for indoor practices.
Cost (Tuition): The 450€ fee includes:
- Full room and board at the fantastic Residenza Rocca Romana;
- Technically qualified and English proficient staff;
- English evaluation and TOEFL simulation by certified professors;
- Presentation and Q&A sessions on how to obtain an athletic scholarship in a US college;
- Showcase gear;
- All activities on the current tentative schedule including, beach volleyball practices and the walk by the lake night outing (ice-cream included);
- Staff available 24/7;
1. Fill out the on-line registration form on this link;
2. Registered participants will receive an e-mail with the next steps to follow:
- Bank account information to make a €200 deposit and reserve the spot;
- Procedure to make the on-line English evaluation that would allow professors to decide whether or not the athlete will be able to take the TOEFL simulation.
3. Athletes will receive a confirmation e-mail and a list of things to take to the Showcase.
4. By the end of May, participants will receive an e-mail with the final program and be asked to make the final payment.
For more information contact Jesica:
email@example.com - +39 3463062524